Where are you this weekend? 2016/17

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Hi Beckett - which new regime ? Is this the Panel / Group format being rolled out at Society levels ?
Hi Simon,
There is a form(at) that is being trialled around the country at community level, at the moment. It is early days yet. Nothing is being rolled out from Panel/Group. The idea is that there is less written content in the report and it is hoped that it is used across country so there is more continuity and commonality across societies for comparison purposes.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Last match of the season for me.
Cumbria v Lancashire Women at Millom followed by a Barrow Grammar School reunion piss up at real ale pub the Prince of Wales just round the estuary at Foxfield.
Should be a good way to finish the season.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hi Beckett - which new regime ? Is this the Panel / Group format being rolled out at Society levels ?

Hi Simon,

As Balones mentioned this is more referee leading his development and focusing on areas for improvement. We are looking to introduce it at L6 - L9 - although only selectively at L9 as it is aimed at referees for whom there is time/potential to make it further up the ladder.

I have to say that it is confusing at first, as the explanatory notes aren't that clear, but having used it the process is very logical and worthwhile. We are planning a training session pre-season with all our L6-L8 referees to explain the process and ensure that everyone 'buys in' to the raison d'être

On the fixture front:

Camp Hill -v- Silhillians

Promotion play-off with a team of 3. Think that this will be last game of the season for me, so a nice way to sign off.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Ahoy hoy.

First 7s tournament of the Summer.

U15s tournament at my club with (hopefully) a dozen teams plus.

It was red hot last year. Could do with a spot of rain as the ground's getting harder by the day.

The club is supplying all the referees which is step in the right direction - I was the only one a couple of years ago.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
The club is supplying all the referees which is step in the right direction - I was the only one a couple of years ago.

Excellent stuff! Have you been actively recruiting? Where did they come from?

I have a week off, and then a national tournament for U12s coming up.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Excellent stuff! Have you been actively recruiting? Where did they come from?

I have a week off, and then a national tournament for U12s coming up.

One's my lad, a couple of younger lads (club members) who did ELRA as part of their studies (and joined the Society) and a junior coach who has retired from playing and has also joined the Society. All good stuff.

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am pinching myself in case I dreamed it....

County final appointment as AR at Twickenham. Match follows the England v Barbarians game. Can't quite believe it. SO SO excited... First match with a whistle Cheltenham U8 in 2004 aged 40. Passed county badge as a fully fledged adult ref in 2007. 2017 on the pitch at Twickenham....

If you are not in the first flush of youth but are still ambitious - believe boys and girls, believe ! ! It is possible.....

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes

County final appointment as AR at Twickenham. Match follows the England v Barbarians game. Can't quite believe it. SO SO excited... First match with a whistle Cheltenham U8 in 2004 aged 40. Passed county badge as a fully fledged adult ref in 2007. 2017 on the pitch at Twickenham....

If you are not in the first flush of youth but are still ambitious - believe boys and girls, believe ! ! It is possible.....[/QUOTE

You must be dreaming - it is the weekend after THIS WEEKEND (thread title)!:biggrin: Well done.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

If you are not in the first flush of youth but are still ambitious - believe boys and girls, believe ! ! It is possible.....
Excellent news. Well done. (Just don't go bouncing off the walls at the AGM this evening...)

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Excellent news. Well done. (Just don't go bouncing off the walls at the AGM this evening...)

NOt planning to say anything to be honest OB. Others are not so lucky....

Need a lift by the way? :D

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Phuket 10s for me (weekend after this) :pepper:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I have my first session on the 7s circuit at..............der der der der der der derrrrrrrrrrrrr..........Barnsley.

Plenty of showers have softened the ground a bit so my poor feet should hold up ok.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
National youth 7s in Amsterdam. First time reffing 7s...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I shall be at South Yorks 7s (part 2) at Hemsworth RUFC - beer festival as well. :pepper:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend - another 7s tournament - at Olney in Bucks (near Milton Keynes)

I hopefully have managed to cadge a spot with some EMRURS colleagues alongside LLP junior erstwhile member of EMRURS.

Tent coming out of the loft tonight for a quick check for holes, guy ropes and pegs etc.

I will be asleep by midnight if past form is anything to go by as junior sees in the sunrise with likeminded camping enthusiasts.

Hope it's cooler than this weekend just gone - missed out on the Plate Final as one of the teams had left due to an admin. delay in organising the knock out stages - my feet weren't complaining.

Last edited:

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend - another 7s tournament - at Olney in Bucks (near Milton Keynes)

I hopefully have managed to cadge a spot with some EMRURS colleagues alongside LLP junior erstwhile member of EMRURS.

Tent coming out of the loft tonight for a quick check for holes, guy ropes and pegs etc.

I will be asleep by midnight if past form is anything to go by as junior sees in the sunrise with likeminded camping enthusiasts.

Hope it's cooler than this weekend just gone - missed out on the Plate Final as one of the teams had left due to an admin. delay in organising the knock out stages - my feet weren't complaining.

I'll be there aa well as I have agreed to officiate. Hoping for cooler weather than this weekend!!