Where are you this weekend? 2016/17

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This week:-

L7 (?) Huddersfield II v Ilkley II - some Merit League game.

1st team are at home and need a point to secure Nat 3 North title.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Stafford RFC car park will be chockers with whippets and the coat rack will be full of flat caps!!

Well I met up with LLP at Stafford last Saturday.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand a word he said apart from "BEER!" which he shouted at regular intervals....and his whippet bit me!

Apart from that though he seemed a nice bloke.

This weekend I have two teams I have never reffed before.
Whitchurch 2 v Burnage 2, Div 1 in the Cheshire Merit Tables I think, although I can't find any regs for it.
Looks like Shropshire Farmers v Manc's??

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This weekend I shall primarily be at home. This is because a) the doctor has diagnosed pneumonia and b) as a result of 'a', the FPO has banned anything that could be construed as 'doing stuff'.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Sorry to hear that Simon. I was expecting to see you at the CCRC 7s tourney in Fredericksburg this Saturday.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I shall primarily be at home. This is because a) the doctor has diagnosed pneumonia and b) as a result of 'a', the FPO has banned anything that could be construed as 'doing stuff'.

I take it that means you are therefore excused domestic chores :D

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Dangerous place the USA. I caught pneumonia there in 1990. The upside is that it is painless, the downside that you have no energy at all. I was off work for a month while the penicillin did its stuff. My sympathy.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well I met up with LLP at Stafford last Saturday.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand a word he said apart from "BEER!" which he shouted at regular intervals....and his whippet bit me!

Apart from that though he seemed a nice bloke.

All true.

Phil E added to the list of RR.com members met - not a huge list I grant you - always nice to put a face to the name.

Thanks for the drink. Pity I couldn't stop longer but I was taxi driver. A full bladder and Stoke RFC's car park are not a good mix especially for a man in his 50s wearing chinos!:wow:

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Thanks for the drink. Pity I couldn't stop longer but I was taxi driver. A full bladder and Stoke RFC's car park are not a good mix especially for a man in his 50s wearing chinos!:wow:

For those not in the know, Stoke have a very long, very wide drive that resembles the Somme for potholes. Even a 4x4 has to pick its way round them. Takes me forever to get to the car park in my mid life crises sports car :wow:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
On exchange to Glawwwwwsterrrrrrr.

Tasty little L6 derby, with one side in need of a couple of wins to ensure a play off spot.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend:-

L8 - Yorkshire 2

Wath u Dearne v West Park Leeds

Wath home town of William Hague and Brian Blessed. WPL home club of Stuart Lancaster and erstwhile England training venue.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This weekend:-

L8 - Yorkshire 2

Wath u Dearne v West Park Leeds

Wath home town of William Hague and Brian Blessed. WPL home club of Stuart Lancaster and erstwhile England training venue.

That's BRIAN BLESSED to the likes of you and me.
LANCaster's alIIVE?

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Crunch time coming to the end of the season - only 2 weekends of the regular season left in England.

Appointed to L7 match this Saturday.

Oundle -v- Oadby Wyggestonian

Done my research and this is 2nd plays 3rd, separated by 1 point. Playing to secure a play-off spot so I'm looking forward to a tasty encounter.

To add spice to the match Oadby play (already promoted) Peterborough next week and Oundle play 6th in the League.

And it's going to be 20 degrees. Oh how I love this game :biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Lichfield 2 v Camp Hill 2, should be a really good L8.
Then back to Lichfield on Sunday for Leicester Tigers v Worcester in the A League....half work, half fun. Free entry if anyone's in the area.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Final League game of the season.

Kettering -v- Newbold upon Avon.

2nd plays 1st

Newbold already promoted to L5, and Kettering needing a win to secure a home field play-off advantage. I'm sure Newbold will want to end on high, so high pressure.

Oh, and just found out that I am a guinea pig for this new RFU Match Official Observation regime. Seems all good, but more work for the Assessors/Watchers. Anyone have any comments?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Hi Beckett - which new regime ? Is this the Panel / Group format being rolled out at Society levels ?