Recent content by dickell

1. D

Time flies...

As a former fullback I was clueless about the front row, but feedback in the bar told me that I got a few right! Ditto when I penalised a Quins team for a deliberate knock-on at a lineout close to their opponents' line. Their profound silence told me I'd got it right.
  2. D

Time flies...

Doc P, as an FRer you are worth your weight in gold. Keep going!
  3. D

Time wasting

But they did at the time, hence it was an error.
  4. D

Time wasting

I have just read this thread from start to finish. Some years ago Raynal refereed Wasps v Connacht and made a major error in law, not in interpretation but in law, when he allowed Connacht to take a line out (from which they scored to win) when the kick into touch should have ended the match...
  5. D

Brown/Bassett incident

After the Quins/Wasps match, Brown has said that he could have broken his neck in this incident, when he jumped for the ball, collided with Bassett and allegedly fell on his head/neck/shoulder. No penalty or card was given, and there has been no citing. This may have been discussed before, but...
  6. D

TMO v VAR

Are we not glad that the TMO system, after early problems, now works pretty well? VAR is still a shambles, witness rugby tackles on Spanish footballers not penalised.
  7. D

England v BaaBaas

Any thoughts on the officiating? I thought that they were taken up by the occasion and failed to apply the laws, esp iro forward passes.
  8. D

Tigers v Saints

I don't know if anyone watched this match. Phil E, I suspect that you were there. I thought that the ref, Dan Jones, of whom I had never heard, had a terrific game, possibly the best I've seen this season. He was calm, well-positioned, communicated very well (without using players' names -...