Recent content by JP_Rocks

1. J

Where are you this weekend- Southern Hemisphere 2014

Considering how much traffic goes through the northern hemisphere 'where are you this weekend' thread, I figured it couldn't hurt to start one of our own. One week until our club season kicks off, but this Saturday I'm doing my first senior womens game ever: Northern Region Maori v Auckland...
  2. J

Offside on Try Line

Situation from last weekend's game that I thought was pretty straight forward, but have had a couple of people question it since. Teams are Gold and Red, and this incident occurred 20 mins into the game, no trends or otherwise important information. Gold go through multiple phases, using good...
  3. J

Using hands to support body weight as part of counter ruck

First pre-season game over the weekend, had an interesting incident. Green team was tackled, and an arriving red player entered correctly and went to contest the ball. As he reached down, a team mate bound onto him, destabilised his position and pushed him past the ball. However, rather than...
  4. J

How do referee levels in the UK work?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while- how does your level system work in the UK? I've managed to cobble together the basics, that you start at L12 and work your way up, but would appreciate if someone could give me a run down on what calibre of rugby you would be refereeing at each level...