Search results

1. fzxjkg

[Law] Incorrect Mark

I had a player ask me about a call made by a ref in an earlier game. Red kicks off to Green to start the game. Just before Green catches the ball he calls out Mark. As the player was about to get destroyed by the Red charge the ref blows the whistle to prevent dangerous play. Green makes clean...
  2. fzxjkg

[Law] Double move versus legal move to score a try.

Just looking for some clarity on scoring a try when initially tackled short of try line. My understanding is that if the player immediately, and as part of a continuous move can reach out and place the ball over the line a try is awarded. If the person is tackled, then lunges forward with a...
  3. fzxjkg

Off feet, tackle not completed

I have had this situation occur several times. Blue with the ball, Red comes in to tackle, however goes for the tear away, hands on the ball not the player. Blue loses feet and is hanging in the air from the ball, still no tackle. To me, the tackle rules, no release do not apply, tackle was...
  4. fzxjkg

Pre-game sanction?

Just a quick question, wondering how others would handle this situation. During an equipment check before a game I instructed a player to remove a cord from around his wrist. He argued for a minute, I just replied "take it off" and moved on. As I got down the line I could hear him making the...
  5. fzxjkg

Lost Ball at the Scrum / Offsides

In our last game Saturday the ref made a call I have never seen before. If the team putting in the ball at the scrum lost the ball, he insisted that their scrum half run around the back of his half of the scrum, coming up to defend on the opposite side. It turned into a bit of a fiasco with...
  6. fzxjkg

Advice on a Quick Tap

Had a situation today with a Div II match. Green has a penalty kick at about the 10M line from Yellow's try line. They quick tap, yellow does not retreat 10, I blow the whistle for not retreating 10. I walk to the point where the illegal tackle was made - about the 5M mark. I indicate the mark...
  7. fzxjkg

Field Markings

Hello, I am new to this forum, looks like a great opportunity to improve. I have an interesting situation, due to the lack of fields (recent snow storm across the East Coast) the game I am refereeing is going to be played on astroturf, on a permanently marked (Gridiron) football field. I don't...