Search results

1. ruareftrev91

Can anyone help please?

The attached images are of a rugby honours cap that belonged to my great grandfather. Can anyone assist me with identifying the Club/District etc. It may be British or from Southern Africa. Thanks in anticipation.
  2. ruareftrev91

Quick Throw - Oooops

For ages I have refereed with the notion that if a player carrying the ball goes in to touch then a quick throw cannot be taken. I had cause to look at the law book yesterday and discovered that I have been mistaken all this time, consistent but mistaken. A quick throw can be taken provided...
  3. ruareftrev91

OK for refs?

OK, We all know what the Laws say about what players can or cannot wear but does this apply to referees also? I don't think that it does apply to referees but, 'lead by example' comes to mind. However, if I saw a player wearing a watch I'd tell him to take it off(but I would wear two). If he...
  4. ruareftrev91

Ireland v Scotland

I didn't see the game until today(was refereeing yesterday) I am a little confused by the disallowed Tommy Bowe try. Don't get me wrong I agree it was not a try but why was it a penalty to Scotland? As I saw it Bowe and the defender both jumped for the ball and both landed in-goal. Bowe was...
  5. ruareftrev91

Penalty faux pas

At a recent level 8 league game red were awarded a penalty kick in their own 22. Red 10 went to kick the ball from hand into touch, released the ball then missed it completely doing an 'air shot'. The referee gave a scrum at the mark to green. After much chuckling at the kicking ability of red...
  6. ruareftrev91

Maximun and Minimum

Got asked this question the other day, gave an answer but not sure if it's correct. The Law book says a side is permitted to have no more than 15 players on the pitch at any one time, but is there a minimum number? I can't seem to find it in the Laws. I gave the answer of 6, my logic being you...