Search results

1. M

[In-goal] Warming up players in-goal

https://streamable.com/up1nf So some blue players were warling up, defending ruck about 10 m from own goal line. SH passes back to the FH... and there is none, but several opposing bench players, one of them under the posts and another a mere meter in-goal. The ball goes dead in goal Your call?
  2. M

[Tackle] Player lifted, legs beyond the horizontal

So, https://youtu.be/66v2yZMWxWY?t=2m18s What will be your call?
  3. M

[In-goal] Your call?

Scrum 5? PK? PT?
  4. M

[Law] Subbed props rejoining the match

So, I've seen a trend lately on props leaving the match but coming back at later stages. Apart from the instances where a card had been issued or a player is injured or receiving blood treatment/concussion assessment, I don't understand how it can be possible. If a player is substituted...
  5. M

Connacht-Munster: You can't take the kick until the change is permanent

2nd half try. Player is out due to concussion assessment. Replacement intends to kick the conversion. Ref denies him to kick because the change is not permanent. Wow. Is it the same in a blood substitution scenario?
  6. M

Stade Toulousain - Saracens

So, there was this maul which ended unsuccessfully and, I quite frankly don't understand totally AR's decision nor what he says. Why is it Toulouse's ball in the subsequent scrum? Not a direct catch? AR's unsure of who put the ball in the maul nor who had possesion so attacking team's ball?
  7. M

Playing the man without the ball vs obstructing the ball

As I answered in another topic I remembered an action from a game the other day (Brive-Stade Toulousain). There, Thierry Dusautoir got YC'd for playing the man without the ball. I had no problem with the decision (not even now), but after some re-thinking, I got some doubts about how these two...
  8. M

Georgia vs Canada brawl

Another sad moment for rugby. :sad:
  9. M

Stade Toulousain - Stade Français

Bonsoir tlm, je viens de voir ce match et il était bizarre entendre l'arbitre parler en anglais tout le temps. Est-ce qu'il y a explication pour ça? C'est vrai qu'il y a trop joueurs étrangers et anglophones a ces deux équipes mais ça me semblait pas normal.
  10. M

Returning carded players near halftime or final whistle

I was just thinking... Imagine a player is YC'd in minute 31. Play continues, minute 40 arrives and a PK is called two minutes after. Team chooses scrum and play stops because a prop is being treated. May the carded player return? What about minutes 71/80/80+2? Imagine a player is YC'd in...
  11. M

Top14 Toulon - Stade Toulousain (pass over the head, TMO)

http://youtu.be/5ej0pO8MTnk?t=59s Opinion? I'd say he was wrong according to IRBs video on forward passes (Link if you haven't watched it, relevant part at 1:33). PS: Video not quite good. If I find the replays shown on TV I'll update the post.
  12. M

Alcohol in sportings events in England

Hi! At this precise moment the Euroleague Final 4 is taking place in London (O2 Arena). That's the top European basketball you can see. I have some friends who travelled to London for the games and are disappointed as no alcohol is being sold inside the arena -they just want to have a beer...
  13. M

Bergamasco-BOD

Thoughts?
  14. M

Is this legal?

Saw it in another forum and got me chuckling, but is it legal? :biggrin:
  15. M

Scotland - Ireland

What about tackling the catcher in the air? I was a bit stunned that WB didn't YC the first tackler and just gave a penalty (and he also talked with the AR), but I was even more stunned with the second one when he PK'd the irish player for not releasing.
  16. M

Top Gear car rugby on Twickenham

Well, it is understandable that they mightn't adhere to the pass backwards law. Also that it may be quite difficult to drop kick, so they have to place kick... but why in hell do the ARs have to wave their flags on a failed conversion?? Wasn't noone from RFU there to explain it? :biggrin...
  17. M

When does a tackle become a maul?

Nowadays we can see more teams trying the tactic of creating a maul in open play instead of tackling to gain a scrum and turn the ball over. Thise week I think I even saw England trying it. But it also seems to me, uneducated eye, that the referees tend not to enforce it that much. Or, at...
  18. M

Uncontested scrums and STE on Sevens

So I was watching a game from last weekends HSBC Series and as a hooker* was YC'ed wondered about that possiblity. Do the scrum players in Sevens need to be STE? How many FR (or only row) replacements should be? What if a team after two days of playing can't field 3 FRs on a final because of...
  19. M

Dislodging the ball from an opponent's arms: Knock-on or play on?

Ball carrier has the ball. A player form the other team (the one not in control of the ball) grasps/hits the ball and dislodges it, making it go forward. He was never in control of the ball (but he undoubtedly hits it with his hand/arm/torso/...) It seems that for both players the latest...
  20. M

Turkey - Azerbaijan, disgraceful touch judge.

Found it on RubyDumps, FB page. sec 50 onwards. Disgraceful. Not only the players, coaches and spectators, but the local touch judge actions were shameful. The game had to be called off then, it was the 65th minute. There is not even a big regional rivalry between Turkey and Azerbaijan...