Search results

1. Swiss Ref

Confirmation of Trial for Next Season

1. Law 3.4 Players Nominated as Substitute Current Law 3.4: For international matches a Union may nominate up to seven replacements/substitutes. Amend Law 3.4 to read: For international matches a Union may nominate up to eight replacements/substitutes. Please note - Law 3.4 trial is for...
  2. Swiss Ref

Foot in Touch

I would appreciate feedback on this. As it happened the incident didnt ultimately change who won but obviouly affected the score. Very competitive game, White top of the league, red second with both teams heading for playoff positions for promotion. White are behind with 12 minutes remaining...
  3. Swiss Ref

Kicking Tee

The Law book talks about IRB approved kicking tees. Do they exist and can they be identified by a mark because I dont ever see a mark. I am not being pedantic (especially) but I have seen a team that I will ref tomorrow using one of those modified telescopic affairs that we used to see for...
  4. Swiss Ref

Refereeing in French

Was it my imagination or did the RFU used to produce a tape giving basic commands and technical terms to help English refs to ref in French Language. Any help in tracking a copy down much appreciated. Rgds
  5. Swiss Ref

Line Out Not Going 5 Metres

Blue throw competed by Blue and Red. Won by red but the ball doesnt go 5 metres. Free kick? If Blue won also free kick or an "Incorrect throw" rather than preventing the ball going 5 metres therefore scrum?. Your advice would be appreciated.
  6. Swiss Ref

Charge Down

For a change I had the pleasure to be a spectator this weekend. The poor ref got terrible abuse and listening to the Coach I have to say I was puzzled. Blue were defending and the ball was passed back to Blue, in In Goal area. His attempted kick was charged down by red with the ball going Dead...