Search results

1. W

[Law] Defender lifting ball carrier in open play

Quick question - is there any law prohibiting a defender lifting and holding a ball carrier up with their feet off the ground to stop them going to ground? In effect to stopping contact becoming a tackle and forcing a mail? I had this situation on Sat, with defender bear hugging the BC and...
  2. W

[Ruck] Jackling - valid or too late?

From my game on Sat, White had a flanker who was a good jackler and frequently quick and well positioned but wasn't quite hitting the mark for me. I'd like to work out if I was being harsh. In short, he sets himself up to jackle, gets hand to ball (ON ball, but not yet a grip, if that makes...
  3. W

ball knocked out of players hands... play on or knock on?

My game today. Big high kick from Black giving onside attacker time to make progress up the pitch and contest the ball. Ball clears the Gold full back, so he has to turn and chase and is in a 1-1 footrace with Black. Ball bounces about 7ft up as they are closing in. Black gets 2 hands to it...
  4. W

[Scrum] Scrum law change and impact on 20.6(d)

Hoping a few more experienced heads can help with this question. The prior 20.6(d) states "The scrum half must throw in the ball straight along the middle line, so that it first touches the ground immediately beyond the width of the nearer prop’s shoulders." The new states "The scrum-half...