Search results

1. D

[Law] Farrell Late Hit v Italy

I thought Mike Adamson had a very poor match today in England v Italy. Obviously it didn’t make any difference to the result ... but he missed several knock-ons by England (one of which indirectly led to a score), missed illegal clear-outs by both teams, and gave an imaginary knock-on against...
  2. D

Foot on the Line

I am a bit confused by a decision from the NZ/Wales thrid-place match. Obviously it was the correct decision as all officials agreed and TV commentators didn't query it, so I am wondering what I am missing. Wales kicked from outside their 22, and Jordie Barrett went to catch it. He put his foot...
  3. D

Biggar “Tackle” on Vakatawa

Should Dan Biggar’s “tackle” on Vakatawa in the Welsh 22 towards the end of the WC QF today not have been penalised? Basically, Vakatawa ran straight over him, but Biggar stood straight up, made no effort to get low, and no effort to wrap any arms around him. I’m not suggesting it merited any...
  4. D

[Law] Italian Disallowed Try v France

Fan not referee, so forgive me if these are obvious. The law on knock-ons states: The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if: A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent has kicked it (charge down). A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball...