3 Months for streaking

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Wati Holmwood and Jonah Lomu - you never see them together.

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Sydney Morning Herald

Sounds a bit harsh to me but he does have form.
I'm a bleeding heart liberal and even I think he got his just desserts. It's his third time, he has also breached a couple of good behaviour bonds (a bit like probation I guess) and he failed to show for court the first time. I don't think he can complain all things considered.

Plus it is time to send a message, and they found someone whom they could legitimately make an example of. This isn't just a guy who had a bit too much to drink and got egged on by his mates one time. IIRC it was a pre-planned streak.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
IIRC it was a pre-planned streak.
OK, but where is the problem with a pre-planned streak? It's irritating if it disrupts a sporting event - but the same is true of people who get over-excited and have heart attacks, and we don't prosecute them. Are we saying that the public needs the criminal law to protect society from the sort of thing you can see in a public bog every day? If so, Perhaps we need to close those toilets.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Dixie - please introduce me to the last person to have a heart attack because they thought it would be funny! also, what sort of public toilets are you frequenting???

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
OK, but where is the problem with a pre-planned streak? It's irritating if it disrupts a sporting event - but the same is true of people who get over-excited and have heart attacks, and we don't prosecute them. Are we saying that the public needs the criminal law to protect society from the sort of thing you can see in a public bog every day? If so, Perhaps we need to close those toilets.
What?