Advantage - Scrum or 22 drop out

Cymro

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Reffed a game today.
Blue player knocks-on about 12M out from opposition goal line, I indicate and call "advantage knock-on" ball bounces forwards to in-goal and is dropped on by green player. What would you give ? back for scrum to green about 12M out from their goal-line or 22 drop out to green ?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Reffed a game today.
Blue player knocks-on about 12M out from opposition goal line, I indicate and call "advantage knock-on" ball bounces forwards to in-goal and is dropped on by green player. What would you give ? back for scrum to green about 12M out from their goal-line or 22 drop out to green ?

It's a scrum for the KO - we had a huge thread about this a few weeks ago.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Scrum.

No territorial advantage gained and he did not have the opportunity to play the ball as he wished. A 22 means giving the ball away, no advantage there either.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
This one is clear in the good book - but good question Cymro! We've all done it!

Cymro

Facebook Member
Post Likes
phew ! I came back for the scrum, but though about it for quite a bit at halftime.:)

Rew15

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done Cymro.
First offence , Knock on , scrum.

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
happened to me on Sunday morning. Defending coach had to be asked to pipe down. The injustice of it all was too much for him.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
A Group Referee (level 5 in England) awarded the 22m drop out in a match I assessed pre-Xmas and then was mortified when I raised it and entered it as a Law Errror on the Report. I showed the LoG reference.