Am I allowed a small brag? Pleeease?

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Rather childish, I know, but noone at college seemed all that interested, so I thought I'd post good news on here so I can calm down and get to sleep...

First of my two assessment games to get onto North Group (level 5) went well and assessor recommended me for group scheme. Even better when it turns out Renton (North Group big boss man) was there watching too...

Ahhhh - that's better! Now I have to try and focus on running touch in shite county championship match tomorrow. Who did I piss off to get appointed to the wooden spoon decider???

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Well done. I hope you get many more opportunities to brag.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Now I have to try and focus on running touch in shite county championship match tomorrow. Who did I piss off to get appointed to the wooden spoon decider???

If you think the game will be sh!te beforehand then you deserve it.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Nice one Jacko!

Keep it up mate, but give all games you're best, they'll appreciate it, which helps you too.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Oh - I always give my best, don't get me wrong, but Durham don't have a back line, so it was always going to be a catalogue of bad decision making and scrums. No idea why they give it to a level 5 ref. Good meal after though...

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
No game is more important than your next game - as a TJ or ref.

While we all prejudge in some ways, complacency should be avoided at all costs as when you least expect it, it will come back and bite you on the ar*se, and you can bet it will be when Paul Renton's watching you!

(but well done on the good match anyway!!)

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Jacko

Many congats - good luck. A word of caution - just be careful what you write. You never know which grand fromages may be lingering behind anominity or an unguessable username. It just took me less than 30 seconds to find out who you really are, so Im sure others could too. As you go higher up the refereeing ranks, these things become important.

Keep up the good work. You're obviously heading in the right direction.

Cheers
KML

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Its not Wayne is it?