Am I too much of a mug....

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
ST: good stuff ... sometimes tough love is the only way ... there are a few refs just below my level who do much the same ... i just cant believe it

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Unacceptable.

which is what seems to be lacking here.

Shrewd assessment I think. The appt. sec. doesn't do power games, he's a really decent bloke not his style at all. Others within the society do though.

Grapevine tells me the Sunday game will be cancelled anyway as they are a one pitch club with one waterlogged pitch and ain't playing on it today.

How did I leave it? Politely but clearly left Appt Sec in no doubt as to my lack of happiness, and indicated I was going to talk to a committee bod or two as to when the chance arises. Part of that discussion would be "How would you feel about me making myself available to London Soc. on the Sats and Sundays Sussex cannot use me or has me as a TBA?" Where I live most of Surrey (London Soc.) is nearer me than most of East Sussex (Sussex Soc.) is and there are a few London members in the town.

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Would your 'arrangements' permit you to ref xxxxxxx at 14:00?

(Hahaha.)

Yes, of course.

Not sure I can remember how to referee but if they want me to chase the best Colts side in the county around for 70 minutes I'll give it a go. Shame they are playing relegation fodder but one sided games are my clearly still my niche and there is every chance the home side can't remember how to play I guess.

Wonder if we will be on the astro turf?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Weeahsidahs dinna hew cooals and ah dinna seh mack ah sez myek tha see.

Pitmatic rools man!

God Bless the Geordie nation and diaspora. (and the Mackems too I suppose)

Two mackems gan inta the toon, in mufti, fa tha match and are walking doon Northumberland Street.
"Man alive therz sum canny shops here man"
"Why aye, loke therz a shop theear wi a sign sez shorts two fa three pund. Ouer lass'll be reet happy wimee if uz gans hyem wi too a them. Howay letz gan in"
They enter the shop and the assistant looks up and says
"Howay lads, al reet?"
"Reet canny bonny lass. A sower tha sign in the windoe ' Two shorts fa three pund', heeyahs tha three quid worz tha shorts?"
"ye-ah from Sunderland then lads?"
"Why aye bonny lass how cud ya tell?"
"Oh I dunno hinny, mebees becoz this a Sketchley's?"

A Southerner goes into an up market Newcastle gents outfitters (see below)and says "Excuse me do you sell shorts?"
"Sortinley sor! What size collah?"

The favourite joke of my dad's cousin who worked in Fogg and Ellis, Newcastle in the 60's and 70's.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
i have had a few issues now with appts sec ...
3 games in Feb... 1 x L9 1 xL15+ 1x low level women's match ...

then my L8 match tomorrow just been re-appointed. i have been pulled off.
i am extremely upset. 18:00 on a Friday and re-appted cos appts guy cocked up. my name is been on this appts since nov...
seriously thinking about my options.

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
^^ get in the way of an u19 flanker, that will reduce your options somewhat.

AlanT

Referees in England
Post Likes
Greg,

Just to compare notes, I think in 3 yrs as a L10 I have had one L10 match on a Sat.

Alan ...........

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
^^ thus proving beyond all doubt that being Captain Flexible aka martini man is fugle to do with getting any better games round here