Australian Schools v NZ School Barbarians RC

Rushforth

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
I have absolutely no problem giving a Red Card I don't find it hard at all. It's the players action that produce the Red Card, not mine. I merely react to it in the prescribed manner. The phrase I often use, and have heard Premiership Referees use, is "the law is very clear on this, I have no option".

May I ask if you are in the fortunate position to have ARs for most matches?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You lot are just making names of towns up now.

Waikato isn't a town. its a province. Its main City is Hamilton,

i.e. Hamilton is to Waikato as Chester is to Cheshire

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Waikato isn't a town. its a province. Its main City is Hamilton,

i.e. Hamilton is to Waikato as Chester is to Cheshire

What, the Welsh part of Cheshire?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm with Phil on this one, I don't give red cards (the players do) I just confirm them :shrug:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
What, the Welsh part of Cheshire?

There isn't a "Welsh" part of Cheshire The western edge of the county forms part of England's border with Wales.

Actually, it seemed quite the other way around when I was stationed at RAF Sealand. I encountered a lot more people in North Wales who sounded like they came from "Liverpewl" than from Wales. (Yes, I know Liverpool is not in Cheshire its in Merseyside, but a lot of my work colleagues lived on The Wirral

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
There isn't a "Welsh" part of Cheshire The western edge of the county forms part of England's border with Wales.

Actually, it seemed quite the other way around when I was stationed at RAF Sealand. I encountered a lot more people in North Wales who sounded like they came from "Liverpewl" than from Wales. (Yes, I know Liverpool is not in Cheshire its in Merseyside, but a lot of my work colleagues lived on The Wirral

Classic. Telling me about the county where I grew up. It works both ways:

- Chester: the Welsh part of Cheshire
- Wrexham: the English part of Wales

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

You were RAF? Apart from the ranges. What was Sealands purpose?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Classic. Telling me about the county where I grew up. It works both ways:

- Chester: the Welsh part of Cheshire
- Wrexham: the English part of Wales

Well remember, I too was born in England.

Also, I spent 8 months at RAF Sealand in North Wales in 1988, but the first three months I was billeted at Dale Barracks, Upton and commuted across the border to Sealand. You are going to have to explain to me how this makes Chester Welsh.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You were RAF? Apart from the ranges. What was Sealands purpose?

No, I was RNZAF and I was on exchange there (Exercise Airwave, where I exchanged with and RAF Avionics Tech)

RAF Sealand had a number of Maintenance Units; I was at 30MU and dealt primarily in the development of maintenance procedures and tech manuals for Avionics systems. My particular area of expertise was the AI24 Foxhunter Radar used in the Tornado F3 (ADV)

Apparently, Sealand is closed now.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Well remember, I too was born in England.

Also, I spent 8 months at RAF Sealand in North Wales in 1988, but the first three months I was billeted at Dale Barracks, Upton and commuted across the border to Sealand. You are going to have to explain to me how this makes Chester Welsh.

He might be suggesting that natives of Chester are known to be partial to their mutton on the hoof? Or it's along the same lines as the saying I've heard (from a Geordie) that Geordies are Scotsmen with brains (and the same mutatis mutandis applies North of the border).

Or even similar to the suggestion that New Zealand possesses a West Island?