Bans how widely applicable

Cymro

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Was discussing an incident the other day, a player was red carded for referee abuse x 2 and WRU has given him (IIRC) a 18 week ban. he's a local lad who was home from UNI, the person I was discussing it with said he (the player) wasn't too bothered because it wouldn't affect him playing for his UNI (in RFU land). Surely this shouldn't be correct ? if it isn't how would anyone know anyway ?

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
Bans are SUPPOSED to be worldwide. But if there is no requirement to register players, then it is very hard to check.

This was why Switzerland has photo licences for all players, coahces etc. It was to stop those banned in France from coming voer the border and playing in Switzerland.

Perhaps you should be telling the WRU to forward a copy of the ban to the relevant Uni, and the RFU.... ?

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
What about soccer and RL players playing an vice versa. Normal practice I think but surely not right.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
quiet email from WRU or his Welsh Club to Uni and English County CB should sort him out.

re soccer and RL - RFU Regulations 2.5.6

Recognition of other sporting bodies’ sanctions

The RFU may recognise the disciplinary rules and sanctions of any other sporting body and any person suspended or banned by any other sporting body may be suspended or banned concurrently by the RFU. Before imposing any such concurrent suspension or ban, however, the RFU must grant the person the opportunity to offer an explanation at a disciplinary hearing.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
A few weeks ago when walking back to the club house, I overheard one player saying to another "I'm only plying rugby because I'm on a six month ban from soccer for nutting someone".

Perhaps I should have reported it!