Bath v Leicester. Jamie Roberts Try - Double movement ?

CrouchTPEngage

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
For me it was clear and obvious double movement. He was tackled about 4 metres short of the line then uses his legs to crawl forward and place the ball on the white-line.
What amazes me is that , even after awarding the try, JP Doyle sees the reply on the screen and say "Hang on a minute !", but still awards the try.
Am I alone in my view ?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
It certainly wasn’t immediately placed, I wouldn’t have allowed that. Don’t think JP is having his best day, however unwittingly I think he has righted an earlier wrong so try karma!

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
It certainly wasn’t immediately placed, I wouldn’t have allowed that. Don’t think JP is having his best day, however unwittingly I think he has righted an earlier wrong so try karma!

Always a dangerous road to go down if he was trying to rebalance things. Another error should not cancel out the first. We all make mistakes, best not to make things worse by using another error to try and establish balance in the Force.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I don’t think he was, deliberately, but the end result was ‘correct’ in that one try should be disallowed and another given, just he did it the other way round to me!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Clearly JR was tackled , and then crawled
Which is
A illegal
B one of this season special directives to crack down on

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Clearly JR was tackled , and then crawled
Which is
A illegal
B one of this season special directives to crack down on

im sure there was a special directive a year or two back to crack down on crooked feeds........