Been a while....

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well it has.

Was preparing to try to make a very minor comeback this season but got a job in Denmark in April so have put my boots and cards and whistle back in the shoebox...

...glad to see the forum alive and well and full of the usual suspects.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
Why not start up again in Denmark? They probably need refs....

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well it has.

Was preparing to try to make a very minor comeback this season but got a job in Denmark in April so have put my boots and cards and whistle back in the shoebox...

...glad to see the forum alive and well and full of the usual suspects.

down your neck o the woods on Saturday.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good to see you back Greg - and pleased you are looking to return to active duty. Have you kept up the cycling to retain fitness?

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good to see you back Greg - and pleased you are looking to return to active duty. Have you kept up the cycling to retain fitness?

I know the social sides at my local club, and at my old club 10 miles away, suffer from a shortage of experience refs on a Saturday afternoon, as do some of their youth sides on a Sunday morning so I told myself I should get off my 'arris and put something more back into the game. Not sure I could do worse than some of the Dad's I've seen reffing my nephews recently. And I persuaded two of my b-I-l's to take up the whistle after I laid mine down.

The cycling; oh yeah, that's firmly established as the off-season hobby. Locally parkrun started up last year and I've become a regular at that as well as doing local 10k's and half-marathons. Though the running has tailed off a bit since I've been over here, haven't quite been able to manage my time as well as I might like, and as a contractor I'm not allowed you use the staff facilities (gym, showers, etc..) in the office here during the day. Copenhagen is a cyclists dream so I do commute by bike every day. Certainly am fitter and slimmer now than I was when I was reffing!

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Why not start up again in Denmark? They probably need refs....
I did, via a work colleague, end up doing a very low-key seven's tournament out in Stockholm in May and gave my details to someone here who was there but the game is not big in Denmark and the administration is somewhat shaky.

At the moment I'm not here much at weekends, and back home in Blightly I don't want to upset my wife by disappearing down the local club given how little time I am at home.

AlanT

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hi, Greg. Good to hear what you are up to.

I've moved too but not as far as Denmark - Stirling. Made contact with the ref society up here last Sept, but had a couple of injuries that stopped me starting and never got into it last season. Intend to get going again once I know if I'm staying or moving again. Contract finishes in November.

Let me know if Denmark requires any financial services project mangers!!!