Calf injury

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that cause damage to structural structural proteins, enzymes, macromolecules, DNA, playing major roles in inflammation, hyperoxidation, post-ischemic tissue damage and infarction. In simple terms, bad chemicals that slow healing in the case of an injured calf. DMSO reacts with free radicals and decreases the damage. Thus, you heal much faster.
John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa. His paternal grandfather was a Civil War veteran and his mother was from Nebraska. That makes him more American the the current POTUS.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
And there was me thinking it was a political slogan.
Reminds me of a cartoon I saw many years ago - 2 Hells Angels walk into a bar where the barman is wearing a T-shirt with the slogan "Free Nelson Mandela" - and promptly asked for 2 pints of Nelson Mandela.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa. His paternal grandfather was a Civil War veteran and his mother was from Nebraska. That makes him more American the the current POTUS.

I hear he went fishing a lot........caught a lot of sucker fish :biggrin:

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Well, I did the match and got through without assistance from any free radical interceptors. No pain, everything feeling nice and loose. A few more stretches and I'll be just fine for the U15s tomorrow morning.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
No pain, everything feeling nice and loose.

Calves and not bowels I hope! Well done. I am gearing up for a L8 next week. My calf feels fine although my achilles feels a bot soreish still.

Americans swear by DMSO but I've never heard of anyone in the UK use it unless they were a horse. I'm not sure if that's because it used less here or it's all USBS- again :wink:

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Calves and not bowels I hope!

Definitely calves :hap:

Incidentally, shared a changing room today with a young Yorkshire lad, level 7 on exchange, all miked up with a coach and an assessor. Interesting to see how it operates at the higher levels.