Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I would say Castro and Armitage initiated it by their actions.

Then i merely have a different interpretation of "initiated"

Didnt Castro react to a pre- match column provocation (?)
Disciplinary committee "accepted that Armitage was provoked" and therefore the assumption is that this was a Tigerish provocation (?)

But if you wish, replace initiator with.... Provoker (?)

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
All rugby players know not to react to provocation, and especially true of experienced professionals.

Having been exposed to the "provocation" of crowds (and players) in the West Country and Welsh Valleys in my playing days, I have zero sympathy for either of them.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not comfortable with the fine levied against Castrogiovani as i believe that he answered questions put to him and gave reasons. So he vented some frustration in putting the record straight, but what happened to freedom of expression?

As for Armitage? Deserved all he got.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I'm wondering if the "eye witnesses" were the same two "opposition supporters" that complained about Delon in earlier fixture, such targeting tut tut tut tigers (sarc, for anyone 'undecided')

Its very unlikely in this case, but, & being more serious - as football has shown, high profile players carry an confrontation attraction. its fairly well known that opposition supporters in football cities will goad 'rivals' if they see them out socially, hense players attend 'private' social functions more often than not.

One thing is for sure, negative press is more damaging to the 'Professional' player, than a bent face is to the recipient , in the long term career stakes !

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
The available evidence would suggest not.

England players' bad behavior a few years ago, Danny Care's drinkydrinky issues, multiple Ozzies...all still doing quite nicely

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The available evidence would suggest not.

England players' bad behavior a few years ago, Danny Care's drinkydrinky issues, multiple Ozzies...all still doing quite nicely

Although Simon, I would cite Zac Guildford. Dropped from the All Blacks and subsequently had his contract terminated as well as his contracts with Hawkes Bay and the Crusaders, after repeat drinking bouts involving boorish behaviour and in one case, an assault (NZRU has a three strikes policy for alcohol-fuelled bad behaviour).

He said he wanted to make a fresh start when he took up a contract with Clermont in the Top 14....

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-uni...c-guildford-wants-a-fresh-start-with-clermont

...only to be involved in a kebab shop fracas two weeks later....

http://www.espnscrum.com/france-top-14-2014-15/rugby/story/240487.html

While it seems that he was purely a victim in this recent occurrence, it is another example of what browner said earlier about some pro sportsmen being trouble magnets.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Professional nutritionists at his club would've loudly applauded hearing this .....
when getting a kebab with Welsh team-mate Jonathan Davies

Lads, quick, Kirakashvili & co have left the pub, we gotta be ready ...........

article-2158598-139580CC000005DC-68_308x185.jpg