Check double movement

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I'm saying that you are allowed to place the ball immediately. That is not illegal. As long as that is done you have committed no crime. If you don't then you have not complied with the tackle law and should be pinged accordingly (allowing for material effect of course).

Sorry I thought the use of capitals on the word immediately in the post you quote made that pretty clear.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I'm saying that you are allowed to place the ball immediately. That is not illegal. As long as that is done you have committed no crime. If you don't then you have not complied with the tackle law and should be pinged accordingly (allowing for material effect of course).

Sorry I thought the use of capitals on the word immediately in the post you quote made that pretty clear.
I think the crucial question is whether or not the player used just his arms (legal) or moved his body forward as well (illegal). (Yes, it does have to be done immediately as well.)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I think the crucial question is whether or not the player used just his arms (legal) or moved his body forward as well (illegal). (Yes, it does have to be done immediately as well.)

This was the issue Steve Walsh had with disallowing a try by Adam Ashley Cooper in the S15 a couple of years ago. The TMO was consulted but I think it was in the pre (let me have a look at the screen for myself) days. I'll try and find a Youtube of it later at home. It was very quick and there were a number of bodies (tacklers, would be tacklers) in the vicinity.

I think it was the same game when he (Walsh) had the monk on with Stephen Hoiles.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
This was the issue Steve Walsh had with disallowing a try by Adam Ashley Cooper in the S15 a couple of years ago. The TMO was consulted but I think it was in the pre (let me have a look at the screen for myself) days. I'll try and find a Youtube of it later at home. It was very quick and there were a number of bodies (tacklers, would be tacklers) in the vicinity.

I think it was the same game when he (Walsh) had the monk on with Stephen Hoiles.

Useful post alert! :)

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

Exactly.... watch the legs & hips ....... try lying on the floor holding a ball forward & then moving forward whilst not moving your legs or hips.