Club's representative to CB

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Not a refereeing related query. I've been asked to be my club's representative to the CB. It involves attending a monthly committee meeting but, beyond that, I can't quite get a firm grasp on exactly what the role involves. Can anyone here fill me in?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Not a refereeing related query. I've been asked to be my club's representative to the CB. It involves attending a monthly committee meeting but, beyond that, I can't quite get a firm grasp on exactly what the role involves. Can anyone here fill me in?
It all depends how Staffordshire CB is organised. http://www.staffsrfu.com/county-details will give you a list of various functions, most of which are not directly related to refereeing. Ask to have a look at recent minutes. You will be expected to provide refereeing input on such subjects as competitions, but you can join in any debates if you wish. It will give you a good insight into what is needed to run things outside refereeing eg project funding is how the CB justifies getting money from the RFU. There will be sub-committees, and you may be expected to join one.

There is an RFU run course which you should be invited to attend - a useful couple of days going over the basic responsibilities of a CB with an opportunity to talk to RFU experts on your subjects of interest - I quizzed the then RFU Referee Manager at some length!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
colesy:271755 said:

You will need a blazer..

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I have tweed. Much more civilised than the common blazer

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
That old thing? No no no, that's a *referee * blazer, dear boy.