Cocaching

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This isn't really a post asking for feedback, but I'm incredibly proud of my guys so...

I help coach an U23 team - The Griffins. Atypically of teams in the USA, we aren't a University team. We're a mishmash of high school - U16 - and non-University kids. 99% of them didn't go to School, which in the US is a big deal.

They're making do. Some of them are covering team dues with their hourly wage from WalMart; some have carved a life with our team from having their Dad in jail for 7 years; a couple are Uni Grads who are giving back. Some of them just want to graduate High School - and they will. It's a summary of the guys I've coached this season. We're a hodgepodge.

We bowed out this season to a team that is nationally ranked. They get facilities and facilities. We get 2 hours on Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm insanely proud of my team. They came together and battled as a team despite what they have to overcome. Sometimes rugby isn't about the law book. It's about what we give the players.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
i tip my hat to you sir.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well done Simon - and all your lads fir embracing the spirit of the game.

A very similar to "The School of Hard Knocks" in the UK that looks to use the discipline and principles of Rugby to help kids and adults who have not either had the best start or made incorrect choices.

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Great effort Simon, well done to all of you.
Rugby is so much more than a game.