Cycling Expedition

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
In case anyone is interested, or has thought about doing this themselves, I am off tonight to cycle from Lands End to John O Groats. Its great fun, and you see the UK in a very different way. The adventure has started already, the train company taking me to the start at Lands End has just phoned to say our sleeper has been cancelled, but they have after much pleading granted us standing room. A 9 hour stand followed by 75 miles across rolling Cornish hills is going to be a bad start to the trip but its things like this that memories are made of.

Here is a link which shows our progress. We hope to get to John O Groats by 2nd August.

http://www.followmee.com/mapx.aspx?token=c26bcc7a-15ee-46f9-bad8-ede5fea8dbd0

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Best of luck.........I wouldn't do that journey in a car!!!!!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Good luck Blackberry, I'm beginning to get saddle sore just thinking about the trip!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Ride strong :)

How many days is your plan?

didds

Na Madrai

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good luck, Blackberry.

I had the pleasure of doing this ride back in 1995 - on an old fashioned butcher's bicycle no less, long story, no need to go into that now!

The over-riding memory I have is discovering just how beautiful this country is - whilst driving in a car, one simply misses the many wonderful sights one sees from a bicycle saddle.

Enjoy.

NM

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
From this:
blackberries.jpg

To this:
blackberriessmashed.jpg

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
saddlesore.sized.JPG

mjpJWmGbMAn06OnJMfCqw_Q.jpg

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
There's some nice straight roads in the West Country.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Day 11 and I have reached Kinross. My cycling partner has pulled out due to injury so it's quiet out on the road. Tomorrow I have four big climbs in the mountains.the route I am taking is mostly back roads and tiny lanes.... Which means lotsa hills.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Day 11 and I have reached Kinross. My cycling partner has pulled out due to injury so it's quiet out on the road. Tomorrow I have four big climbs in the mountains.the route I am taking is mostly back roads and tiny lanes.... Which means lotsa hills.

Kin'ell Kinross already & now on your kin'own .......... Go Blackberry Go

I will do an extra 3km on the gym bike tonight, purely as a supporting (albeit pathetic in comparison) gesture.