ELV Tournament Question(!)

Big J

Referees in England
Post Likes
Which London Based antipoedian team that play in black at a weekend tournament (having spent the morning with an RFU official talking through the ELV's) asked the referee in their first game at half time asked the referee why they'd had no free kicks at the break down?????????? :eek: :cry:

Answers on a post card

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
That sounds like a team in London 3 NW, who failed to get promoted last year!

But they've never listened to refs, always try and use hands in rucks, don't know what an offside line is, and generally make a pain of themselves!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
And which London Old Boys club (founder members of RFU) have published in their start of season newsletter a warning to their team skippers to clarify with referees regarding which are scrum, FK and penalty offences under the new ELVS, and give 'hands in ruck' as an example !

Oooooops.

Answers on gilt edged embossed cards delivered by your butler to my London Pall Mall club please.

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
And which country boasts a "district coach" who wanted clarification from the referee about the (and I quote) "new definiation of ruck".... before babbling on about "having to have a player on the ground for a ruck to be formed"

Answers on a postcard please to be sent via sheep mail over the Severn Crossing :biggrin:

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Which level 5 :eek: Hertfordshire club in stripey jerseys could be heard plaintively asking for "Numbers, sir!" at the line-out during a one-day XVs tournament last week?

And, at the same tournament, which recently promoted red-shirted East Mids club's hooker complained from the bottom of a collapsed maul "he's pulling me down, ref!"? (Bonus clue: Buteo buteo)

Jeez. It's like the media don't exist. I accept that not all these guys (or even their coaches) may have made it to the various ELV education sessions that have been carried out in the run-up to the season, but don't any of them even read the papers/Rugby World/the internet, or watch rugby on TV? There's some serious head-in-sand syndrome out there.