Feeding is becoming embarrassing

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Watching yesterday's games it was bad enough especially when you see the overhead camera and where the scrum halves are stood.
Today just heard jp Doyle say to the Welsh, "if you're not striking I want it straight!"
Seriously he's basically saying, stick your foot out and you can feed!

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Agree Ciaran. It is becoming beyond a joke. The #9 isn't event standing on the centre line, but by the thigh of his own #1, and then at a 45 degree angle.

If one player next week gives if the "But, Sir, last week in the 6N....":deadhorse:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
and on the pitch you'll correctly say to him this isn't the 6N. but in the bar I'd hope if it was the discussion you'd accept that you found it as equally frustrating as he does.
So much for PoB's call to refs several years ago,. what a joke.

didds

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
If one player next week gives if the "But, Sir, last week in the 6N....":deadhorse:

To which my reply will be, "when you're playing in the 6N and i'm reffin, we can have another discussion" :wink:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

but they don't say that, do they?
rather they say to me : 'why don't 6N refs make them put the ball in straight, it's not that difficult is it?'

at grass roots level my impression is that actually the players all do want the ref to enforce straight put in (even the SH's)

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Perhaps I should have substituted "player' for allacadoo in the bar or on the touch line :)

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
but they don't say that, do they? rather they say to me : 'why don't 6N refs make them put the ball in straight, it's not that difficult is it?'
Exactly. Lets be blunt, as offences go - of all the offences in the book, crooked feeding at the scrum is one of the easiest ones to spot.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
.. along with illegal binding at "bind".

hey ho.

didds