First Level 7

doofy96

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hi all

Just been appointed my first level 7 game. I know it will stretch me and i know its going to be different to the level 8,9,10's ive been doing recently.

Just wondering if you lot had any tips any heads up ect

Cheers

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Tip 1 - Quicker (not hugely in terms of running speed of the players but break downs are over quicker)
Tip 2 - More will be the same as a L8 than will be different.

Good luck - you'll be fine

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just been appointed my first level 7 game. I know it will stretch me and i know its going to be different to the level 8,9,10's ive been doing recently.
Have faith in your Appointments Secretary. Be assured that no L.10 would be appointed to a L.7 game unless the Society's committee had given the matter some detailed thought, and had decided that you are so far ahead of the curve that it's unreasonable to await a formal grading committee meeting before giving you the games you deserve. Accordingly, keep doing the things that have prompted the Society to award you this game.

Don't be overawed by the nominal level of the game - as Toby mentions, this game will not be wholly incomparable to a L.8. Don't change your style to suit the game, but be aware that you need your concentration to be right up there throughout. You may find that a half-time snack helps you towards the end as you tire.

Cheating is becoming more refined at this level. Be aware of things like supporters blocking access to the ball carrier at lineouts, but also be prepared to manage these things with conversations at downtime before they become clear and obvious.

Good luck.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Have you done it yet? How was it?