Flooding the Ruck

Ronald

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Love the pic...brilliant. This situation of "taking up space" is coached by some club and school coaches here in SA, because few refs pick it up. I had the u/16's of one of our top rugby schools, and penalised them for this twice in the 1st few minutes, saying and showing obstruction. The coach was livid next to the field and obviously asked the captain to approach me at halftime. Only when I used the phrase "taking up space" did they understand, and stopped it. The coach spoke to me afterwards and said I was the 1st ref all season to penalise them for it. I referred him to Law 10 and asked him to explain how it is not obstruction...no comment from him!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It's Dickie E's little joke Patrick. Look at the name on the jersey of the white 10.

this was my other option photo. Really struggled over the choice. But, hey, now I've used both :)

303ed3d8-b5f0-4fb5-91c4-b8954312c6fd-620.jpg

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Do not, under any circumstances, use the Fbook page.

Far better, open advice here. Also, not only is it generally right - it's practical.

Diatribes about USA R are available, free, upon request. You are not alone

nice word

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Patrick, I sent you a PM regards SoCal. To get it go to "Notifications" at the top of the page.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
My head's only a little woozy.

Last night's list (only showing you guys because most of you are Europeans):
Macallan Gran Reserva 1982
Macallan 18 year
Springbank 12 year
Glendronach 15 year
Clynelish 14 year 1998
Laphroaig 15 Year Signatory Refill Sherry Butt Cask Strength
Arran 17 Year Sherry Hogshead

I'm jealous.

I had Springbank for the first time at a Whisky tasting last Burns night - I stress I am not (no?) a Scot - I'm just a pisshead (pissheid) -it was very good and quite reasonable which suits my short Yorkshire arms deep pockets anatomy.

I've probably had most of those but things like Grand Reserva and Sherry Hogs Bottom Cask just bang Single Malts into the Simon Thomas bracket so I can safely say the flamboyantly named stuff will just get drunk if they're at tasting or I gather any rich friends.

I do like a nice Islay (or even a poor one) so I'm betting the Laphroaig 15 Year Signatory Refill Sherry Butt Cask Strength was braw!

Welcome by the way.

Patrick

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
It's Dickie E's little joke Patrick. Look at the name on the jersey of the white 10.

UGGGG, got me!!!!

Toby, yes, shit, okay, shoot, you guys......

Damn.

[insert image of man with red face here]

- Patrick

ps
I should have known from those bow-legs of his.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Damn.

[insert image of man with red face here]
You need this: :redface: available from the smilies - or just type ;redface;, replacing the semicolons with full colons.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
You need this: :redface: available from the smilies - or just type ;redface;, replacing the semicolons with full colons.

I usually get a red face trying to get rid of full colons!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Well know source of deaths by cardiac arrest in working class Scotland.

#Simontrufact