Football vs Rugby : proof

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
speak for yourself Tiger..in this parts only at the league do they boo the kicker...but more recently 50% of the brumbies crowds have come over from that 'ugly side' and brought their bad habits with them...pity really!

You've never been to a Manly v Warringah derby

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You've never been to a Manly v Warringah derby

No - but that's my point..you yobs in Sydney are so uncultured! :D

In the ACT you only have to go to a raiders game to see truly uncultured yobs1 (or to the mad monday celbrations with Monoghan!!! :eek: )

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
speak for yourself Tiger..in this parts only at the league do they boo the kicker...but more recently 50% of the brumbies crowds have come over from that 'ugly side' and brought their bad habits with them...pity really!

No offence meant here but from watching Super Rugby on the TV I have to say that the Brumbies crowd is the worst in the competition for booing the opposition as well as the referees. Of course that is until all of the mungo fans go to the Rebels games and do the same.

I can remember living in the UK when I young and going down to the local rugby ground to watch Coventry play whoever. If anyone tried to boo either of the kickers there was usually a cry of "Shut the f*ck up you tw*t" from someone which is how it is supposed to be. I love watching the games in Ireland on tv as it seems that they still have this mentality that you are silent for kickers from both sides.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
No offence meant here but from watching Super Rugby on the TV I have to say that the Brumbies crowd is the worst in the competition for booing the opposition as well as the referees. Of course that is until all of the mungo fans go to the Rebels games and do the same.

agreed - that's why I a had also followed up with "...but more recently 50% of the brumbies crowds have come over from that 'ugly side' and brought their bad habits with them...pity really!"

(I hate to admit it but there was a time in my chequered past where I :Looser: let Andre Watson know exactly what I thought of his law interpretations at Brumbies games :rolleyes: ...then I went and learnt the Laws :eek: :Looser: )

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Go see a game in South Africa. There's a smattering of booing of opposition kickers, but LOTS of noise when the home team are kicking at goal, basically as a form of encouragement.

I imagine the concept of absolute silence to allow the kicker to focus seems every bit as foreign to a Saffa as the idea of yelling and cheering during the kicking routine by way of support seems to an Englander. *shrug* YMMV

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I imagine the concept of absolute silence to allow the kicker to focus seems every bit as foreign to a Saffa as....................

................smiling and being pleasant