France - close but no cigar.

Mizar

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Over the championship Ireland deserved it, great six nation s in part. Some mediocre games but most very good to watch.
Only two teams did not put in a bad performance and they were one and two. Rest were curates egg performances.

But a question, why do we have Garces using the big screen without apparently calling for a review to change his call and Steve Walsh not calling for a review when a quick look would have seen Healy walking,

Hi Folks. If we are lamenting the underutilisation of the TMO then it works both ways. Did anybody spot the subtle knock on at the post pads by Dimitri Szarzewski for his try?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hi Folks. If we are lamenting the underutilisation of the TMO then it works both ways. Did anybody spot the subtle knock on at the post pads by Dimitri Szarzewski for his try?

Only had to see it once or twice; C&O knock-on

The ball and hand separate; the ball falls faster than his hand then the ball bounces up and he pushes it against the post.

SW boobed!

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
All rather bizarre SW watches a C+O flying headbutt and gives the penalty for the advantage that he was already playing, which could have drawn a yellow of its own. Yet has a review of a poor attempt at a tackle by Sexton on Basteraud.

Some of his breakdown decisions I cannot fathom even after stopping and rewinding with slo mo on.. And it was these small points that really made the difference.

And to cap it all on the first review of the "forward pass" at the end he missed the replay. Similar to him missing a lot in the game I think. What a muppet!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
All rather bizarre SW watches a C+O flying headbutt and gives the penalty for the advantage that he was already playing, which could have drawn a yellow of its own. Yet has a review of a poor attempt at a tackle by Sexton on Basteraud.

Some of his breakdown decisions I cannot fathom even after stopping and rewinding with slo mo on.. And it was these small points that really made the difference.

And to cap it all on the first review of the "forward pass" at the end he missed the replay. Similar to him missing a lot in the game I think. What a muppet!

Headbutt, I agree. Sexton, I agree.

Fathoming? No idea of your armchair slo-mo review ability !

Muppet? nah... they have soft padded suits.