Had the best weekend EVER!!!

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
So on the weekend I refereed harwich2 v Bury St Edmunds 3's and Sunday Suffolk cup U13 Bury st Edmunds v Hadleigh.
Saturday:

Had to drive to Harwich to get ready then drove to Mistley to referee the match as pitches were unplayable.
From the the first whistle to the final whistle both teams played with guts, determination and sportsmanship.
Only one incident a Bury player deliberately pulled down the maul from a line out and he knew it was 10 mins before I got it out of my pocket. (Dick of the day). Finished 23-24 and that was from a penalty in the last 2 minutes. Harwich and Bury skippers commented that it was the best game they have ever played in and thanked me for "making it that way". Even the assessor for the other game on that watched the first half before the other kicked off patted me on the back at our meeting last night.

Sunday:
Suffolk cup Bury u13 v Hadleigh u13. What a game!!!!!! Words cannot justify what effort these kids put into the game. Breath taking. Both coaches said I refereed it perfectly. If anyone is on here from all the clubs this weekend I would like to thank you for the effort you put in.

A very happy whistler here. :clap:

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done coz. I assume your ribs are now ok?

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Yes Mr G. Only hurt when I hicup now. Yes not quite. It was well in the 22 cynical dangerous Harwich had the shove on. Not quite close enough to award PT

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
well done daft - great feeling isn't it when it all comes together.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
It didn't even feel like I had to do anything. Apart from run and be proactive at the breakdown.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It didn't even feel like I had to do anything. Apart from run and be proactive at the breakdown.

like riding a chariot with a gentle hand on the reins. Perfect.