[Law] Hand offs

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Pegleg, I didn't quote you so confused as to how I've twisted your words. Anyways, I'm not entering in to an argument as frankly don't have the inclination or energy.

It's almost wine o'clock. Good luck.

Sorry Wert but I find that offensive. Its way past wine o clock, what are you, some kind of lightweight? Sheez.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
From watching the Ted talk it seems that concussion is most likely with a side to side or twisting motion of the struck head. So getting a knee or thigh to the side of the head (a la Leigh Halfpenny) is more likely to get concussion as is a tackle that rides up as it is likely to have a twisting motion and if you look at the American Football example in the video, looks very like some of the heavy, high, little or no arm hits we see in rugby. A "proper" hand off fend by the palm to the forehead is less likely to inflict a concussive injury.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Knockouts in boxing are mostly a blow to the jaw that twists the head causing the brain to rotate inside the skull.

The blow doesn't have to be particularly hard, a short jab to the chin from the side is quite enough to put someones lights out. Try it with the missus, let her have the first jab but make sure you have a nice landing spot.