Harlequin A vs Old Haberdashers

Tibbs

Referees in England
Post Likes
In the cup, on a Sunday, with Harlequins playing a league match on the Saturday...

Level 10, a cup match and my second run out - God help me... lol

Any info on these teams?

Chris

Gareth-Lee Smith

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Niiiiiiiiiice.

Only a L10 match eh? Should be challenging, I reckon you'll have loads of stories come Sunday evening!

Whistle well!

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Are Quins Amateurs still using Brunel University pitches on the A4?

Haven't reffed Old Habs for a couple of years since leaving N. Region

Always found them to be a pleasurable side with a good effective skipper. They like to play hard, but fair and listen to warnings and 'advice'.

Enjoy the game.

johnnied

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
As of the end of last season, Quins Amateurs and Lockside joined forces, and calling themselves Quins Amateurs, and playing at St Marys Sports Ground, Broom Road, Teddington. Quins are apparently having a fairly good season - they were Rugby World Team of the Month a couple of months ago.

Tibbs

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks for the updates guys - just kinda hoping both teams have a game on Saturday and so are too knackered to run about much on Sunday... lol

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
didnt Lockside used to be called Antlers? and play on Old Deer Park ... can remember clearing away deer sh1t before play could commence.
Many years ago, we played them in a match in the morning and then went to watch England play at Twickers ... those were the days.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
No - Antlers still exists - Teddington Antlers.

Lockside used to be (forgets exact name) named after the Shell Club (no a private members gym) in Broom road.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Lockside used to be called Lensbury (Shell's Sports Club) which was used by England and All Blacks as training base in 1980s. Just next to old Thames TV studios rioght on edge of river, but I suspect it is all re-developed as yuppie apartments now.

Antlers used to played in Home Park (river side part of Bushey park backing on to Hampton Court by Kingston Bridge. I used to be a member of Home Park Golf Club which is also there and can recall lots anmf lots of deer sh1t.

Anyone lucky enough to play Ellingham & Ringwood in Hampshire has to conetnd with clearance of all sorts 'deposits' from assorted animals as the pitch is on open New Forest grazing !