Helppppp

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Doing an assignment (I study Education) and I'm creating a Commonwealth Games unit. Anywho, all I need to know is how much money a London couple would have needed to go to the Glasgow Comm Games for about a week, including flights, accommodation, events, food, all that jazz! Just a ball park figure, please :)

Never thought this website could had been so useful!

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Doing an assignment (I study Education) and I'm creating a Commonwealth Games unit. Anywho, all I need to know is how much money a London couple would have needed to go to the Glasgow Comm Games for about a week, including flights, accommodation, events, food, all that jazz! Just a ball park figure, please :)

Never thought this website could had been so useful!

I never thought I'd come across such a lazy student. Do some research and you might learn something in the process. It shouldn't take more than an hour of WORK - know what that is? Have you come across Google? If you need tips on using it just ask.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well don't sit on the fence cousin.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
LONDON couple?

What about someone in the Orkneys? Or isles of scilly?

Or Cleethorpes.

:)

didds

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I never thought I'd come across such a lazy student. Do some research and you might learn something in the process. It shouldn't take more than an hour of WORK - know what that is? Have you come across Google? If you need tips on using it just ask.

Im sure Research can include "asking" locals(ish)

If in doubt, ask 'Jeeves' .

Don't forget that whenever you are considering using Jockish currency, one Pound. ( £1) converts to one Scottish poooewnnnd (£1) before commission.

:wink:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
£2867.57

Glad to help.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Mrs T and I had two days in Glasgow at the Games courtesy of Marriott Hotels who are a global client of ours.

This was a business trip as I was an after dinner speaker at their Corporate Event on the second evening, and also at a seminar in the afternoon on day two regarding Sports Sponsorship ROI and effectiveness.

So travel (£350 flights and £30 taxis), dinner/lunch, hotel room (£170 a night in Marriott Argyle Street) on billable expenses or courtesy of Marriott for me, and I had to pay for Mrs T flights @ £350 City Airport to Glasgow return. We attended various sports venues with Marriott in their corporate boxes or seats, so no cost of tickets.

I had to declare a value of £1,000 to comply with Bribery Act 2010 and HMRC regulations.

So as a rough guide I would suggest a two day trip would cost £2,000 for a budget flight / hotel with say three Games events tickets and £3,500 for a luxury hotel option with prime event tickets.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
That's 50 smackaroonies

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
hmm, far too open of a question. Simon has given you the top end number so I'll give you the low end. Cheapest tickets were £15, cheapest flight from stanstead is £33 each way (66). Cheap hostel in Glasgow is £20 for a private room and £5 on the pound menu at mcdonalds a day to ensure you don't starve (but will die of malnutrition!):

7*15=105
7*5=35
7*20=140

£344 all in!

10 times less than Simon's fancy two day trip:scot:

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I shouldn't think that Simon gets out of bed for less than £500 per day...

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
cheapest flight from stanstead is £33 each way (66):

we'd need to add transport to from stanstead, and to/from glasgow airport as well, and if you drove the parking at stanstead as well.

didds

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Megabus return trip as low as £21, that covers travel from London to Glasgow!
we'd need to add transport to from stanstead, and to/from glasgow airport as well, and if you drove the parking at stanstead as well.

didds

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
And the cost of prostitutes and class A.
(Glad I only thought that)

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
But if you book in advance you could find return Euston to Glasgow for £33 with a railcard

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
whatever. didn't think people in Essex could spell anyway

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Thanks for the help guys :) I had about 2500 pounds which was around what a couple of you suggested. Laziness is the uni student way, Stuart :)