Highlanders vs Cheetahs

chief

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
What did you all think of the ref?

Penalties missed all over the paddock. 50/50 penalties caused. A couple of Cheetahs tries looked dubious to say the least.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Alpal

Post Likes
Hi, seems nobody agrees with you, they all mustn't have a clue.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Welcome to the forums Alpal ! (Just what we need another Kiwi stirring things on here.) ;)

Hi chief,
Didn't see the game. Any specific incidents covered by these highlights, which we might comment on?

S

spoiledkid

Thank you for sharing the highlights, I have not watched that game too. Was Busy !!!

Alpal

Post Likes
t
Welcome to the forums Alpal ! (Just what we need another Kiwi stirring things on here.) ;)
Hi chief,
Didn't see the game. Any specific incidents covered by these highlights, which we might comment on?

thanks for the welcome, still trying to find my way around this site...seems an interesting one.

If you left the remarks regarding another Kiwi, sorry to disappoint but IO'm not.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
What's with the ANZ Level 1 grade ; does that cover Aussies as well?
Well you learn something new everyday.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I only saw about 10 minutes of that game so can't comment on NPs performance however, I do remember the Kiwi commentators agreeing with each other that NP had done a great job with the whistle. They were giving him a big wrap.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
What's with the ANZ Level 1 grade ; does that cover Aussies as well?
Well you learn something new everyday.

"ANZ Level 1" refers only to his profile in this forum. Note that mine is ANZ Level 2

Its one of the automatic drop down menu choices in....

User CP > Edit Profile > What grade referee are you currently? Or if retired what grade were you when you retired?

For Kiwis and Aussies, the grades are shown combined, but they aren't combined in reality

I only saw about 10 minutes of that game so can't comment on NPs performance however, I do remember the Kiwi commentators agreeing with each other that NP had done a great job with the whistle. They were giving him a big wrap.

Agree with this. I thought Nathan handled a difficult game well. Good management, and not suched in by the Cheetahs frantic arm-waving for obstruction in Adam Thompson's first try. A lesser rookie referee might have fallen for it.

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
L'irlandais I see you've replaced your Red (blue?) Stag with a Big Red (yellow) Coq. :biggrin:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
L'irlandais I see you've replaced your Red (blue?) Stag with a Big Red (yellow) Coq. :biggrin:
I'm more and more convinced you're actually colour blind, Lee.
Coq gaulois doré , proof if it was needed.
Hullo Phil,
It's Foghorn Leghorn isn't it?
Errr, no. I thought everybody knew that the gaulish cock* is of the golden variety.

By the way, that's Gaullish Rooster to those of you on the wrong side of the pond.

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Dore.

It's the 'jaune' of the bourgeoisie

S

spoiledkid

Thank you for sharing the highlights, I have not watched that game too. Was Busy !!!

Link Removed.

Last edited by a moderator: