How refreshing is this Japanese play??

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
they've had 81% of possession but can't do anything with it - turnovers, forward passes, intercepts, etc. If they settle themselves down they're a real chance

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
SA score next they win by 15+, Japan score next and it will be interesting

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Barnes doing his best to keep 30 players on the field.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hope I'm as fit as Nakijima when I'm 75!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
WR want to grow rugby in Asia, 60 mill Japanese watched the QF, Japan number 6 in the world. So how can Sunwolves not be part of the plan?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
WR want to grow rugby in Asia, 60 mill Japanese watched the QF, Japan number 6 in the world. So how can Sunwolves not be part of the plan?

I agree. Dropping them is dropping a potential market of 127 million; having them in almost doubles the current potential market in SANZAAR (131 million). It's sheer stupidity.

Also, we need to get Japan into the Rugby Championship, and quickly this time, not wait around 10 years until it was almost too late, like we did with Argentina, and the Six Nations did with Italy.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I agree. Dropping them is dropping a potential market of 127 million; having them in almost doubles the current potential market in SANZAAR (131 million). It's sheer stupidity.

Also, we need to get Japan into the Rugby Championship, and quickly this time, not wait around 10 years until it was almost too late, like we did with Argentina, and the Six Nations did with Italy.

I want them in the 6N , quick. Last time I looked Japan was in the Northern Hemisphere

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

an interesting portent from March this year:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...s-sunwolves-on-super-rugby-cutting-room-floor

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

someone is eavesdropping :)

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/sunw...uddhfOeZTUY-02o57tE4reRyfk_4yDfq4lJUnrtC-ZDVU