I didnt realise i was that bad!!

big fish

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think teams are trying to avoid me! just had my second match in two weeks called off. Last week was a cup game and this week a league game.
Any one else having trouble with fixtures?

Last edited:

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
It was close but my game for Saturday was given the go-ahead. Tonight's forecast is a low of -15C and it should warm up to about 0C at kickoff. The light breeze should be just enough cut through all my layers.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Naturally the North American, Swiss, Scandanavian, Baltic and Russian snow and ice is an issue, but in temperate UK after all the rain, it is player avaiability that is leading to cancelled matches.

And late cancellations are getting worse and worse. It is always a bigger issue during 6 Nations (not just players but refs too who want to go to Twickenham !).

Last few weeks the late cancelled numbers or matches are up over 10% and we have had two L8 League matches canx - Old Wimbledonians and London South Africa pulled out of trips to Hampshire, plus Fawley L10 could not get a FR and this weekend a Senior Merit table 2nd XVs of L5 clubs has been cancelled.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think teams are trying to avoid me! just had my second match in two weeks called off. Last week was a cup game and this week a league game.
Any one else having trouble with fixtures?

I think there are quite a few very soggy pitches around our way and also fixture congestion is upping the injury (and the "I have to work one weekend in 3") rate.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Naturally the North American, Swiss, Scandanavian, Baltic and Russian snow and ice is an issue.

Not during the Norwegian (& Swedish, I think) Apr - Oct season!