International Defence Rugby Competition 2011

Iron_Lung

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hi All,

We've finished all the pool games and seen some fantastic rugby. Highlights are found at www.youtube.com/user/IDRC2011. The Quarter Finals will be on Thursday at TG Millner Field, Eastwood and will feature the following games.

British Army vs ACT Barbarians
Royal Navy vs Samoa Police
Royal Air Force vs Australian Services
New Zealand Defence Forces vs Tonga Defence Services

We saw a tough game between the Brit Army and Samoa to open the tournament, we've seen the RAF go nose to nose (literally) with the New Zealand haka, the Chinese produce some surprising physical rugby albeit somewhat lacking in technical ability, and we've seen an epic game between the French Armed Forces and Samoa which came down to a one point margin in the end. It's certainly been fascinating to watch as it is a very different level and scope of rugby to what I'm used to.

For the third placed team in each pool we have a plate competition which will happen over the next week, the semi finals of which will happen on Thu as well:

People's Liberation Army vs Papua New Guinea Defence Force
French Armed Forces vs Australian Federal Police

As I said, highlights are available on youtube. and being that I know what you lot are like, I'm sure there is plenty in there for you to discuss!

Cheers,

Craig

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This is how wars should be settled in the future.

"In pool 1, the nimble counterattacks of the Maquis take on the power-oriented game of the Wehrmacht