IRE-FRA - double movement?

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
That he was essentially able to regain his feet with continuous momentum without use of his hands, (he was effectively leveraging against the French player even though his right hand did touch the ground) I think it is relatively straight forward is easy to argue that the tackle was not completed and he had the right to continue.

It's like asking the correct question around a questionable try, and depending on the phrasing of the question you might ask yourself, you might come up with differing and contradictory answers.

Was he tackled? - in the laws
Was the tackle completed? - not in the laws but relevant to every tackle situation

Usual question about location - if this had happened in the middle of the field would you penalise the green player for not releasing?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Usual question about location - if this had happened in the middle of the field would you penalise the green player for not releasing?

I don’t think so, he’s still moving forward and not ‘held’ for me

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
I don’t think so, he’s still moving forward and not ‘held’ for me

For me he was not brought to ground - I don't think his knees hit the ground and he seemed to keep driving against the french player over the line.