[INTERNATIONAL] Ireland v South Africa

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
I guess someone has to start the ball rolling so here goes:

Whose decision was it to allow Ireland to play in a shirt almost the same colour as South Africa's on a dark November evening in Dublin?

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
I suspect it looks worse on TV than on the pitch. I doubt if the match ref has much say in this at that level. Oh and if he had made Ireland change to their normal strip it would have been green against green :eek:)

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
He could have made them turn their shirts inside out :)_98713383_marxhealy.jpg

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Remember France V England that night when the pitch was frozen and both teams and all the official and TV companies were ok to play, and Dave Peadson, the ref, called off the game.
The ref could make them change shirts

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Was it just me or did Coenie Oosthuizen look well pissed off at the medic who lifted his knackered leg from off the medical bag as he (CO) lay on the stretcher/cart prior to being carried off at the Aviva.

I did chuckle but I bet it hurt. :)

kellep

Post Likes
What about SCO - NZ, were the ARs have worn scottish jersys???

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's come up a few times in high level club games and the excuse there was that they'd decided well in advance (months) that whichever team would play in a change of shirt, but between then and the match they'd got a new kit.

Apparently this sequence of events is fairly normal and only occasionally do the shirts change enough for it to be a problem.