Jarryd Hayne

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Depends how you're defining intelligence. Some extremely effective NFL players have had staggeringly low scores on the Wonderlic test, because its measure of "intelligence" doesn't necessarily coincide with the mental skills you need to be an effective pointyball player.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Depends how you're defining intelligence. Some extremely effective NFL players have had staggeringly low scores on the Wonderlic test, because its measure of "intelligence" doesn't necessarily coincide with the mental skills you need to be an effective pointyball player.

Yep. If a rugby player fails a Quantum Physics exam, well then was hardly a fair test, in the same way that a Quantum Physicist failing a Rugby Union Law Exam wasn't a fair test.

"A scientist outside his own field thinks no better than the average sixth grader… like the rest of us."
- George O. Smith

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I which case it IS possible that all NFL players are of average or above intelligence. But is it likely?
My daughter was at college in the USA and knew a lot of football players, many of whom eventually played in the NFL. I think she would forcefully reject your hypothesis.