Ladies' law variations

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
It is Appendix 1 to Regulation 16. In the recent past, the vast majority of women's matches were played under U.19 variations. This no longer applies - adult women play under men's rugby rules.

Yes, but with some variations' Dixie , within university comps..

Here are the BUCS regs. http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?section=17310&sectionTitle=Sport+Specific+Regulations#RUGBY_UNION

RUU 15 Women’s Rugby Variations

RUU 15.1
Premier League teams can opt to play their matches using IRB U19 scrummage regulations. This must be agreed in writing and signed by each team’s captain and the match referee. No penalty will apply and the result will stand. There will be no option to submit a ‘playing under protest’ form. All matches below Premier League level (i.e. Tier 1 and below including Trophy knockout matches) will be played according to IRB U19 scrummage regulations.
RUU 15.2
If a Premier League team is drawn against a team qualifying from Tier 1 in the Championship knockout cup, the match will be played according to IRB U19 scrummage regulations.

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
RUU 5 Tie in Knockout Rounds
RUU 5.1

If at the end of the match, the teams are tying, a period of extra time of ten minutes each way with one minute interval shall be played. If the teams are still tying at the end of that period of extra time, then the team that has scored most tries shall go forward into the final. If this does not produce a result, the team that has scored most goals from tries shall go forward into the final.
RUU 5.2
If this does not produce a result, each team, as represented by the players on the pitch at the conclusion of the match, in an order to be decided by the Captain, and alternately with the opposing team, shall take penalty kicks from the centre point of one 22m line, to be decided by the referee. After five players from each team have completed the kicks the team who has scored one more goal than its opponents, shall go forward to the final.If the teams are still tying the captain willnominate a player one at a time until one team scores and the other misses.

Read more at http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?sec...port+Specific+Regulations#AHwy4rfwT4r5R49F.99

1) ouch.....the referee needs to keep a record??!

2) Do you read this to mean a player who 'hasn't already taken' a kick, ie.... Until all kickers have had a turn ???? ( which seems to be convention although it isn't actually prescribed as such)

Thoughts?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
An interesting observation of BUCS regs is ....

RUU 7.3 In the Premier Leagues, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 All teams must provide a front row. A team unable to start the match with 3 suitably trained front row will be deemed to have conceded a walkover Should a team be unable to provide the correct number of front row players, they must reduce their squad size to meet the IRB regulations (see table above).

Example: a team arriving with only 4 front row players will be entitled to have a maximum squad size of 18 players (including the 4 front row players) for the duration of the match. If the opposition have a full complement of front row players, they are entitled to the maximum squad size of 19 or 22 (dependent on the league regulations – see RUU 9.1 and RUU 9.2)

Read more at http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?sec...port+Specific+Regulations#AHwy4rfwT4r5R49F.99

So, IF a side with x3 front rowers are facing a side with x5 front rowers , then its squad of 15 v squad of 22 (Max) potentially ....

I Learn something everyday.

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
My rule of thumb is 11 and above = 40 minutes each way treat as mens game. 12 and below - treat as an U19 game.

- - - Updated - - -

My rule of thumb is 11 and above = 40 minutes each way treat as mens game. 12 and below - treat as an U19 game.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -