[Law] laws.worldrugby.org

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
wr-logo.png

Please be advised, the World Rugby Passport sites are temporarily unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Additional information will be emailed to all registered users.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Been down all day.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
There has been a hack WR sent an email on Frida:-

[h=1]NOTICE OF DATA BREACH[/h]4 May 2018
Dear subscriber,

We are writing to notify you about an issue that may involve information relating to your World Rugby education and training portal account used to access the passport.worldrugby.org family of websites.

We value your privacy and we take the protection of your personal information seriously.
[h=2]What happened?[/h]On 3 May 2018, we became aware of unauthorised access to our database of education and training portal accounts.
[h=2]What information was involved?[/h]The affected database contains information relating to your education and training history with World Rugby and includes email addresses and encrypted passwords.
[h=2]What we are doing[/h]We want to assure you that we acted immediately on becoming aware of this issue and are working with leading data and technology security experts to determine the nature and scope of the issue, investigate how this incident occurred and to take the necessary steps to ensure that an incident of this nature does not happen again.

We are taking the following steps to protect your information:

• We are acting immediately to notify subscribers and to provide them with information on how they can protect their data
  • Although your password on our portal is triple encrypted, we are recommending that all subscribers change their account passwords and urge them to do so immediately once the sites are back online
  • As a precaution, we have taken the sites offline and suspended access to the database, pending the ongoing review
  • We are continuing to monitor for suspicious activity and will liaise with relevant regulatory bodies
  • We are continuing to enhance and reinforce our systems to detect and prevent unauthorised access to user information.
[h=2]What you can do[/h]We take our responsibility to protect personal data very seriously and are informing you regarding this issue to enable you to take appropriate steps to protect your information. In particular, we recommend:

• Although your password on our portal is triple encrypted, consider changing your password for any other account on which you used the same or similar information used for the World Rugby education and training portal
  • Review your accounts for suspicious activity
  • Be cautious of any unsolicited communications that ask for your personal data or refer you to a web page asking for personal data
  • Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails
We regret that this issue has occurred and would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to protect your information.

We will contact you as soon as we have further information relevant to any of your personal information which may have been affected by this incident.

Yours sincerely,

World Rugby

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
So if you didn't get the email?...........

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Did you register with a different email address ?
Or it went to SPAM ?

I got it

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Did you register with a different email address ?
Or it went to SPAM ?

I got it

Nope, not in spam, just didn't get it?
Not sure if that's good or bad?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Although .. didn't we all have to re-register not very long ago ? I sewm to think we did

If so, likely you haven't signed in for a while and didn't go through that step ??

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Although .. didn't we all have to re-register not very long ago ? I sewm to think we did

If so, likely you haven't signed in for a while and didn't go through that step ??

I did the laws exams at the start of April so should definitely be on their database.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Good guess, crossref, mine went to spam.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Nope, not in spam, just didn't get it?
Not sure if that's good or bad?

It may be that your server has blocked it at that point. So it would never even reach your spam box. Does not happen often. I had it with Virgin Media doing it to my bills from Virgin Media! work that one out

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It may be that your server has blocked it at that point. So it would never even reach your spam box. Does not happen often. I had it with Virgin Media doing it to my bills from Virgin Media! work that one out

Phil, have a chat with your IT people :)