Life can be such a *******

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Following the sad news of Alan Biggs' terminal lymphoma cancer (Alan is the RFU Community Referee Manager), I have heard today that one of our Hampshire Society's Referee's has a 23 year old son with stage 4 Liver and Abdominal cancer diagnosed a few weeks ago. Adam, the son, has played #7 at all age groups for Hampshire, and was the current Portsmouth RFC 1st XV #7.

As a stage 4 cancer the prognosis is not good at all, and the county rugby community are rallying round to give what support we can to Adam over the next few months, part of which is much needed financial help. If you can assist us help this brave young man, it would be appreciated.

The family's "Just Giving" link is here
It is going viral on Facebook already - well done the Hants Refs !

Please circulate as you think appropriate.

Thank you

Simon

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Simon this is heart wrenching news. Please pass my wishes onto the family.
Will do what I can.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Terrible news. At the moment I can fully empathise with the family.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I was chatting to Steve Harland recently just after he had visited Alan Biggs. Apparently he is bearing up well, and although Steve has officially taken on Alan's responsibilities, they are still feeding him stuff to keep him busy.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I was chatting to Steve Harland recently just after he had visited Alan Biggs. Apparently he is bearing up well, and although Steve has officially taken on Alan's responsibilities, they are still feeding him stuff to keep him busy.

OB thanks for that update. Was just wondering how Biggsy was getting on. He has helped me a lot over the years.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Shared this to Staffs Refs for you. Sad news for all parties.