Mike Tindall turns out for Level 11 side

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
All are excellent examples of 'non' World Cup Winners ..........

Perhaps our SH compatriots can find an example , criteria = RWC winner +11yrs on, playing at Level 11 or ( near) , until then MT gets the 'unique' badge.

Already did???
Ie
Owen Finegan, RWC 1999, was playing on and off in the lower 3/4th grade here up up until a few years ago (while coaching a 1st XV, and is still coaching).

Aust won RWC 1999, and Owen Finegan last played either 2010 or 2011. I don't know what our level 11 equivalent is, but our 3rd/ 4th grade tends to have the young 22-25 yo on the way up and the 40+ yo on the way out.

So I'd say MT is not so unique and doesn't seem to be even the first.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Gary Halpin?

That is the man - lovely chap.

First scrum he won his hit, stayed shoulders above hips and went down a long long long way with a cheery irish "so how low do you want to go today boys ?".

The second scrum he just drive straight forward and split the home team front row, two of whom were full County players and no mugs.

Quiet word to me at the next line out was - " ok sir, my point is made now so just dominating not destroying now"

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
did they have to fight for the tight head too?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
assumed you were reffing?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
How on earth would an old scrum half have any idea about that ? :biggrin:
Apparently back in the 1920s when there was no law about numbers in the front row, players often kept adding themselves to the front row to try and get the loose head. In one case there were eventually 9 players in the front row. In another, where player came round from the far side, the scrum crabbed halfway across the pitch. Even a really dozy scrumhalf would have been affected!

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
That is the man - lovely chap.

First scrum he won his hit, stayed shoulders above hips and went down a long long long way with a cheery irish "so how low do you want to go today boys ?".

The second scrum he just drive straight forward and split the home team front row, two of whom were full County players and no mugs.

Quiet word to me at the next line out was - " ok sir, my point is made now so just dominating not destroying now"

fun one to watch eh simon? thanks for sharing.

my friend from pontypool tells some good ones too.