Moved back to the UK

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
only income tax (or is that 45% now?). once you blend things like VAT, council tax etc in there the top rate is a wee bit higher than 50%.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
[Geek alert]Effective tax rate in UK (income and NI) tops out at about 45%. But the marginal rate of tax tops out at 60% for incomes between 100,000 and 115,000. This marginal rate is due to the removal of the tax free allowance. But if you receive child benefit, this marginal rate gets even higher...
512px-UK_tax_NIC_percentages.svg.png

Marginal rates:
child_benefit.jpg
[/Geek Alert]

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Only if it's the English speaking part :=

Lolololololololololololololololololololol. I did have the "pleasure" of venturing into Quebecsville. Being a cunninlinguist(chuckle) I'd thought I'd be ok. Unfortunately their French is as bad as their English.:deadhorse:

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
They look like ballet pumps

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
did you pay the extra tenner to have your name on them?

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
First fixtures for September are in.

7th Sep: The Leys vs Kings Ely U18A
14th Sep: Saffron Walden v Chelmsford (Advisor/coach present)
21st Sep: The Perse v Wydenham
28th Sep: Newmarket v Crusaders (Advisor/coach present)

Nice fixtures to get the season underway and get back into the style of UK rugby.

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
2 adv/coach present in a fortnight? You are lucky/tipped for the top. I think myself lucky if I see 2 a season...

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Bloody Saffron Bloody Walden. *mutter*

You should get a decent standard there. When I saw Kings Ely, their skipper was an international Schools player. I hope the post match beverages at Leys are up to their previous standards. The staff there always used to be very.... rugby friendly folks!

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I still have to put the hard yards in even when being coached assessed. It's going to be an interesting transition from USA R style to UK style.
2 adv/coach present in a fortnight? You are lucky/tipped for the top. I think myself lucky if I see 2 a season...

I looked at the pitch on Google maps and it looks all wonky lines!

I did Chelmsford at Woodford last September. Was a good match, although no pitch markings!

As a bonus it's really close to my new house in the middle of nowhere! I'm looking forward to a good number of chats after my games to see what people like and don't like about my style.

Bloody Saffron Bloody Walden. *mutter*

You should get a decent standard there. When I saw Kings Ely, their skipper was an international Schools player. I hope the post match beverages at Leys are up to their previous standards. The staff there always used to be very.... rugby friendly folks!