National School Sevens

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was performing on Wimbledon Common today at the School Sevens. My last game was on Pitch 1, the big one near the display areas and concession tents. I attached my tracksuit top with an overhand knot to the centreline touch flag on the side nearest the trees before the game; lo and behold at the end of the game it had mysteriously disappeared!

So, should you come across anyone wearing a black Pro star tracksuit top (L) with green shoulders, additionally identified by having the Hampshire RURS logo embroidered on the left breast and the white B grade badge sewn onto the right breast who might not have reason to wear it, would you be kind enough to take whatever action you might think appropriate.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
If I see it tomorrow I shall grab it for you!

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Robert,

It had not been returned today but I have identified the two teams that played the game before mine and will be writing to the Masters in charge of Rugby at these schools to see whether someone 'inadvertently' recovered same thinking it to be his own. The track suit itself is not of excessive value and I can organise another easily enough however my prized B grade badge has disappeared and now that the system has changed I doubt whether Castlecroft has any left. Such is life.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
I'll see if Dave Broadwell can help, I'll drop him an email later.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Robert,

Thanks, but I would not bother the acting referee manager with my trivial problem. I saw him today at RP running touch for the 'B' team; we had a chat about the Dubai Sevens between games. Cracking rugby in the latter stages of the competition but I had to leave before the finals in order to get to the A3 traffic jam on time.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Castlecroft have come up trumps, found a replacement B grade badge and sent it on. Honour restored.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
All good news lol, I have to admit, I didn't think anyone actually wore them. I have mine in a folder with my certs and stuff.