New elite tackle interpretation....

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
"Whereas now we've been told you've got to release the tackled person first and then attempt to 'jackal' the ball."

Law 15.4
(a) When a player tackles an opponent and they both go to ground, the tackler must
immediately release the tackled player.
Sanction: Penalty kick
(b) The tackler must immediately get up or move away from the tackled player and from the
ball at once.
(c) The tackler must get up before playing the ball and then may play the ball from any
direction.

Isn't that what the law actually says? It is illegal to prevent the tackled player from playing the ball while you as tackler get up.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
There are a lot of "apparently", "so I've been told" and "we've heard" in that article. :nono:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Martyn Williams Quote from the article

"Whereas now we've been told you've got to release the tackled person first and then attempt to 'jackal' the ball.

"That's what we've been told, that's apparently how the referees are going to ref it, so at the moment none of us will have played in a game that's been reffed that way so it's going to be new on Saturday."

Brilliant qoute,

Martyn thats how everyone refs it apart from the elite referees as that is what is in the laws!!!!!!
So no change for 99% of players and refs

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Re: New way of managing the tackle...

If I am not mistaken this is the third thread on the same story.

Can some admin bloke combine them all together?

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes

But with the new guidelines being handed down to referees from the International Rugby Board, Williams says they are ready to adapt to each official's personal interpretation of the change.

"Obviously different referees will have different interpretations, so we've worked a lot on that this week for both scenarios," Williams added.

What on earth does THAT mean? :wow:

Any chance of seeing the IRB hand-me-downs?:=

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes

But with the new guidelines being handed down to referees from the International Rugby Board, Williams says they are ready to adapt to each official's personal interpretation of the change.

"Obviously different referees will have different interpretations, so we've worked a lot on that this week for both scenarios," Williams added.

What on earth does THAT mean? :wow:

Any chance of seeing the IRB hand-me-downs?:=
There aren't any hand me downs. There hasn't been any change. Bloody so called professionals!:mad:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

If I am not mistaken this is the third thread on the same story.

Can some admin bloke combine them all together?

Yeah, what he said!