New measures for contact with the head

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Not sure which case you are referring to didds.
Racing Metro no more - They changed the club's name to Racing 92 for legal reasons at the end of 2014/15 season.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Not sure which case you are referring to didds.
Racing Metro no more - They changed the club's name to Racing 92 for legal reasons at the end of 2014/15 season.

L'irlandais (yourself) a week ago (post #40 I think) said

"Rugby Unions are at a loss as to how to deal with the issue for years now, the law of the land(or health and Safety people) would put and end to such acts fairly swiftly. If you think that's far fetched, consider Racing Metro are taking South African to court for quitting his job"

didds

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Hi,
That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure, before replying.
(In case there was some legal proceeding mentioned elsewhere in this long discussion.)
Racing 92 said they are launching civil and criminal actions. Criminal proceeding for fraud,
A criminal complaint will also be filed, as the open-ended employment contract produced by Johan Goosen and signed by one of his friends and business associates appears to constitute a phoney document,
Racing said they found it inconceivable a player would end his playing career while at his peak (so soon after signing a 4 year contract with the club)
Further details here (Guardian newspaper)

On the H&S issue, Rugby players are professional, so work place safety must apply, right?
They cannot say this is our job, then in the next breathe say it's only a sport, H&S can't apply....
I am not alone in thinking so here for example
[LAWS]Workers must take reasonable care that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.(18) footnote refers to Aussie working law.[/LAWS]

Last edited: