November Test Appointments

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Appointments for this weekend.
Ireland v Wallabies will be a good test for Glen Jackson.
WB has the Wales v ABs game

Fiji vs USA at Stade de la Rabine, Vannes
Referee: Johnny Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ireland), Gary Conway (Ireland)
Television match official: Iain Ramage (Scotland)

England vs Samoa at Twickenham, England
Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Dudley Phillips (Ireland)
Television match official: Simon McDowell (Ireland)
Timekeeper: Robert Ockenden

Ireland vs Australia at Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Referee: Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Assistant referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Mike Fraser (New Zealand)
Television match official: Eric Gauzins (France)
Timekeeper: Kevin Beggs (Ireland)

Scotland vs Tonga at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock, Scotland
Referee: JP Doyle (England)
Assistant referees: Greg Garner (England), Marius Mitrea (Italy)
Television match official: Carlo Damasco (Italy)
Timekeeper: John McLaughlin
Assessor: Andrew Cole (Australia)

Wales vs New Zealand at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant referees: Craig Joubert (South Africa), Luke Pearce (England)
Television match official: Graham Hughes (England)

Italy vs South Africa at Stadio Euganeo, Padua, Italy
Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant referees: Pascal Gauzère (France), Alexandre Ruiz (France)
Television match official: Gareth Simmonds (Wales)
Assessor: Donal Courtney (Ireland)

France vs Argentina at Stade de France, Paris, France
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Steve Walsh (Australia), Stuart Berry (South Africa)
Television match official: Jim Yuille (Scotland)

Romania vs Canada at Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest, Romania
Referee: Nick Briant (New Zealand)
Assistant referees: Andrew McMenemy (Scotland), Lloyd Linton (Scotland)
Television match official: Geoff Warren (England)

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
A good appointment for him indeed.

As an aside, I upload all the appointments to RugbyReferee.net when they come out if you ever want to know who's doing what. You can open it in a google calender and subscribe (I think.) so they add to your own calender.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
glen jackson has done very well indeed, but somehow I have hardly ever seen him ref. What's he like ? How has done so well?

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
glen jackson has done very well indeed, but somehow I have hardly ever seen him ref. What's he like ? How has done so well?

Good referee who plays a really good advantage.
This game will really test him. I hope he has a really good game. He keeps a pretty low profile during his games.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good referee who plays a really good advantage.
This game will really test him. I hope he has a really good game. He keeps a pretty low profile during his games.

I see they have helpfully given him a French TMO, and the Welsh Joker as one of his ARs.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
As an aside, I upload all the appointments to RugbyReferee.net when they come out if you ever want to know who's doing what. You can open it in a google calender and subscribe (I think.) so they add to your own calender.
I checked there, and they have Leighton Hodges as AR rather than Mathieu Raynal.

Can you get them to fix an irritating bug? When I looked for the England v Samoa officials, i had to click the +4 more link, which produced a popup from which I chose England v Samoa. The second popup appeared behind the first so some of the names were obscured.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

From what I've seen of GJ in the S15 and the ITM he looks quite good. Plays good advantage and no massive brain farts that I recall.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Shame Peter Fitzgibbon is only AR, one of the best underrated referees out there.

Bob Ockenden a wise man that has the most calming voice you will ever here on comms.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
I checked there, and they have Leighton Hodges as AR rather than Mathieu Raynal.

Helpfully the new WR website has managed to lose the appointments download doc so cant see latest updates.

Can you get them to fix an irritating bug? When I looked for the England v Samoa officials, i had to click the +4 more link, which produced a popup from which I chose England v Samoa. The second popup appeared behind the first so some of the names were obscured.

OB - On mine, if you click on the 'back' pop up, the front one vanishes?

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Shame Peter Fitzgibbon is only AR, one of the best underrated referees out there.

Every single game I have seen him do he has looked out of his depth.

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
Every single game I have seen him do he has looked out of his depth.

[QUOTE;Drift]"I come here for the review of refereeing performances, some we agree with, some we don't. However it's generally more than what he just posted. He got called out on it by Browner and then agreed and changed it to Barnes. Where's the difference in his statement?

Honestly this place used to be a really great place to come and spit ball ideas, however with it becoming more popular I think we are seeing a decline in constructive discussions. Of course that's just my opinion however this place just isn't what it used to be."[/QUOTE]

I just realised that was you as well... And the difference between my one liner and yours is........:shrug:

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Drift said:
"I come here for the review of refereeing performances, some we agree with, some we don't. However it's generally more than what he just posted. He got called out on it by Browner and then agreed and changed it to Barnes. Where's the difference in his statement?

Honestly this place used to be a really great place to come and spit ball ideas, however with it becoming more popular I think we are seeing a decline in constructive discussions. Of course that's just my opinion however this place just isn't what it used to be."

I just realised that was you as well... And the difference between my one liner and yours is........:shrug:

Seeing as Fitzgibbon hasn't done a game in the AI then I can't give a full detailed review however I can safely say that the things that stood out to me about his refereeing was:
- Not confident decisions, he looks like he is trying to convince himself of the decision after he has given it.
- Tries to make up for mistakes. Sure mistakes happen however he will seems to try and give a "mistake" back to the other side.
- From what I remember he doesn't make decisions at scrum time at all.